Introduction

I am a South Asian immigrant, a mother, an artist, a social worker and a teacher. I am a person of few words and blogging isn't my thing. But music is. I have been practicing vocal carnatic music (a southern Indian classical art form) through my life. I am excited to document and share here some of my experiments with music.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Priyam Venkatesam: A Carnatic Album

In 2004, in a laidback recording studio in Vadapalani, Chennai, India I encountered my second experience with professional recording, and my first with an album production. Needless to say, it was a fantastic experience.

This album presents traditional pieces from the Carnatic music repertoire, all composed by various historical and contemporary composers in praise of the Indian god Vishnu (Venkatesa). Performing with me on the mridangam (drum) and the violin are Sri and Smt. Jayakumar.

Priyam Venkatesam:
http://www.box.net/shared/ryxyqg9kb8

1 comment:

  1. I fell in love with the sound and form of Carnatic music about 15 years ago! It is so expansive and melodic that I always get transported in time to somewhere deep in my spirit! Prissy our voice is very beautiful and expressive! Your tones are pure! Love your music!

    ReplyDelete